Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Two More Poems in Three Line Poetry

I just had two more poems accepted by Three Line Poetry, this time for inclusion in Issue 6.  This brings the total up to four (had one in Issue 3 and one in Issue 4).  Not sure if that makes a regular contributor, but it kind of feels that way.  Also makes me wonder about the rigor of the selection process, although they have rejected a couple poems I submitted.  Anyways, I'm not going to worry about that too much-- I'm just having fun.

The poems are included below.  The first was written originally as a three line poem.  The second started as a five line poem; I removed the fourth line and combined the third and fifth.  I think that's also part of what I like about the three line poems-- taking a slightly longer poem and modifying it to work in only three lines. 

Mourning dove, do you notice me
as you alight upon the patio?
I wonder, who is in whose space?

Ten thousand blossoms
have bloomed and fallen again.
Will we ever walk among the cherry trees?

No comments:

Post a Comment