Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Great Weekend for Poetry

This has been a poetry filled weekend.  On Saturday, I attended the Black Silence event at the C Street Gallery in Laurel.  Truth Thomas was the featured guest.  He read from his new book Speak Water.  There were also several of us who participated in the open mic portion of the event.  I read three poems from my US 1 series--  "The Tire Swing," "The Food Truck," and "US 1, Howard County, MD"-- and three poems on a spirituality theme-- "I Killed a Centipede Today," "Outside the Abundant Life Chapel," and "Friday Prayers."  It was a fun afternoon, and a great opportunity to share each others' work.

The Fall 2012 issue of the Loch Raven Review was released on-line today.  I've got two poems in it:  "The Tire Swing" and "Visiting Day."  Check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment